The words "home warranty" are not always used explicitly to mean a legal warranty is being conveyed. In many cases, a home warranty is not a warranty at all, but rather a home service contract that covers the repair and/or replacement cost of home appliances, heating and cooling systems, and possibly other components of a home.
• Define what a home warranty is
• Explain what portions of a home may be covered by a home warranty
• Decide if a "full coverage" home warranty is necessary
• Avoid consumer complaints
• Will a Home Warranty make a home more affordable
• Avoid the potential for RESPA violation