Clarifying Service Animals
3 hours CE Credit
Have you ever been in the situation where tenants are looking to rent a house with a no pet policy, or you have a buyer looking to purchase a condo in an association with a no pet policy, or maybe you had a short-term tenant bring their animal on vacation where no pets are allowed? If you haven’t chances are you will!
Take this course and learn how to handle situations like this or similar, appropriately and keep yourself out of trouble.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Identify what classifies a service dog under the American with Disabilities Act.
• Explain when Emotional Support Animals are and are not protected by various laws.
• Understand how Officer K-9’s are classified and how to treat them in a rental situation.
• Understand the requirements for training a service dog.
• Identify the questions allowed to ask someone who has a service dog to verify the allowance of the dog.
• Understand when a service dog may be excluded from ADA.
• Explain how service dogs are classified under the Fair Housing Act.
• Explain how an Emotional Support Animal would be allowed under the Fair Housing Act.
• Know the questions allowed to be asked under the Fair Housing Act and Section 504.
• Understand what Florida Statutes says regarding service animals.
FCAR EDUCATION INFORMATION:
Virtual attendance requirements to award CE credit include:
- Be always on video except for scheduled breaks.
- The view should show your face, not the top of your head; ceiling; or virtual background.
- Driving; shopping; beach walking; lounging are not acceptable forms of attendance.
REMINDER: At least, one day prior to the event you should register and download any software required to attend any virtual meetings! Look for your email prior to the day of class whether joining a Virtual Class or an In-Person Class.
Should you have any issues with the downloading of the application be sure to contact:
Florida Realtors®Technology Helpline. 407.587.1450
NOTICE: Whether a course is in the classroom or virtual, dates, and all other class details are subject to change. Additions and changes occur frequently. Confirm all course details and register for these, and all FCAR education courses, via the Calendar in Navica.