Residential Construction: From the Inside Out (Hybrid)
Date: June 29, 2022
Time: 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM - There will be a 45 minute Lunch Break - Lunch will be proved by a Business Partner.
Course Credit: 4Hr CE
Instructor: Linda Olson
Get ready to build a foundation on Residential Construction! This course introduces Residential Construction and compares the building techniques and requirements prior to Hurricane Andrew and after the new codes were adopted. It also presents new construction as a fantastic market for Realtors® looking for something fresh and exciting. Participants will leave the course with a working knowledge of "energy efficiency" and "in-door-air-quality" in residential construction. They will also learn how today's home buyers are more aware of the cost savings, as well as the health aspect associated with these two issues. Designed for real estate professionals who wish to expand their knowledge of the construction process used in both new and existing residential single-family homes, this course is both informative and a great start to expanding business!
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Name the two formats for building codes and describe the nature of each one.
• Explain how building codes are organized.
• Describe the purpose of the State-Wide Florida Building Code.
• Explain the function of a topographical survey.
• Describe the effects of Wind Zones on residential construction.
• Name the major structural components of a single-family house.
• Name the three most common foundations used in Florida.
• Describe the function of insulation and how it is rated.
• Identify the major components of the Plumbing, HVAC and Electrical systems.
VIRTUAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Virtual attendance requirements to award CE credit include:
- Be always on video except for scheduled breaks.
- The view should show your face, not the top of your head; ceiling; or virtual background.
- Driving; shopping; beach walking; lounging are not acceptable forms of attendance.
REMINDER: At least, one day prior to the event you should register and download any software required to attend any virtual meetings! Look for your email prior to the day of class whether joining a Virtual Class or an In-Person Class.
Should you have any issues with the downloading of the application be sure to contact:
Florida Realtors®Technology Helpline. 407.587.1450
NOTICE: Whether a course is in the classroom or virtual, dates, and all other class details are subject to change. Additions and changes occur frequently. Confirm all course details and register for these, and all FCAR education courses, via the Calendar in Navica.