Johnson Home and Land
226 East Main
Lovell, WY 82431
Before Putting Your House on the Market
· Think About the First Impression- Creating an appealing first impression is very important in having your home properly positioned on the market. Please pay special attention to walk ways, the front door and the entry way.
· Unclutter- Consider packing up your least used items, such as out of season clothes. Store items off site or in neatly arranged boxes in the garage or basement.
· Clean- It is very important to have your home
exceptionally clean for showings. Please remember that cleaning for selling is different than cleaning for living. Please let us know if we can refer you to a local cleaning service.
· Unclutter inside and out – Pick up scrap wood, etc. around property especially under the crawl space (get rid of termite attractants).
· Pets- Our pets are members of our family and moving is stressful for them too. For their sake it is better to make arrangements for a pet sitter during showings. Also, 40% of the public do not own dogs and 70% don’t own cats. If buyers are allergic they can’t go in and if they are afraid they won’t.
· Scents- No two people have the same likes and dislikes when it comes to perfumes, potpourri and the like. Consider creating a neutral atmosphere by eliminating as many smells throughout the house as possible.
· Consider a pre-sale home inspection- An inspector will be able to give you a good indication of the trouble areas that will stand out to potential buyers, and you’ll be able to make repairs before showings begin. We will be able to advertise that the home is pre-inspected creating peace of mind for potential buyers.
· Get Estimates –If you are not able to make the repairs now please consider getting written estimates. The figures will help buyers determine if they can afford the home and will be handy when negotiations begin.
· Prescription Warning!- Please lock up prescriptions or take them with you during showings.