5 Things to Understand About Title Insurance
· It protects the ownership right to the property both from fraudulent claims against ownership and from mistakes made in earlier sales, such as a mistake in the spelling of a person's name or an inaccurate description of the property.
· Title insurance is a one-time cost usually based on the price of the property.
· It's usually paid for by the sellers
· There are both lender title policies, which protect the lender, and owner title policies, which protect the new buyer/ owner. The lender will probably require a lender policy.
· Discounts on premiums are sometimes available if the home has been bought within only a few years since not as much work is required to check the title.
These are title companies operating in Big Horn County.
If you have a preference please indicate which title company you prefer.
Bighorn County Title Co.
1040 N. 6th Street
Greybull, WY 82426
Bitter Creek Title Co.
101 Ln 9
Powell, WY 82435
County Title Agency
417 West C Street
Basin, WY 82410