Adults, children, and families alike all want something fun to do!
- Basketball League: contact Goldsboro YMCA
- Biking: Seyboro Cyclists – ride at 6pm M-Th, Sat. 8am, Tues. is beginner ride… http://home.earthlink.net/~seyborocyclist/ contact Bicycle World 735-2964 http://www.bicycleworldnc.com/
- Bowling: AMF Bowling and SJ Base Bowling Alley
- Dancing: Top Hat Ballroom 734-2214
- Dancing: Square/line dancing – New South Country Music Club (LaGrange), NC line dancing: http://www.country-time.com/clubs/states/nc.htm
- Fishing: Neuse River, Pamlico Sound and River, Atlantic Beach, Carolina Princess 1-800-682-3456
- Golf: see golf section
- Hang gliding: Outer Banks – Jockey's Ridge
- Hiking: Cliffs of the Neuse State Park, Crabtree Lake (Raleigh) http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=BGD043-006
- Horseback Riding:l ocal stables – Triple L Stables 580-9643, DC Western (supplies/events) 735-2313, Spring Bank Stables 751-3030.
- Kayaking Tours: Carolina Outdoors – www.kittyhawk.com, 800-334-4777
- Movies: Premiere Theatres 919-739-7213
- Racing: Southern National (Johnston County), Triple C Raceway (Wilson), Wayne County Speedway and Drag Strip, Kinston – Drag Strip
- Running: regular races and 5K events - YMCA
- Senior Programs: YMCA (silver sneakers programs, Tai Chi, Aquatics, and more) and Goldsboro Recreation & Parks
- Skiing-snow: Wintergreen, Snowshoe, Boone (Mountains of NC, VA, and WV are most popular in close proximity). www.skinorthcarolina.com/ ,www.carolinagetaway.com/recreation/skiing.shtml ,
- Skiing-water: Walnut Creek (local), Wilson (public access lake), Kerr Lake, Lake Gaston, Jordan Lake, Lake Crabtree http://web.eenorthcarolina.org/net/org/info.aspx?s=44808.0.0.37430 http://www.wildernet.com/pages/area.cfm?areaID=NCL%26R3&CU_ID=1
- Tennis: Herman Park
- Triathlons: local training and annual event at Walnut Creek, contact YMCA for triathlon affiliation and state-wide events
- Volleyball: adults – contact YMCA
- Family Fun Center: indoor recreation facility – games, pinball, inflatables, and food, batting cages, putt putt golf.
- Chucky Cheese
- YMCA: soccer, basketball, diving teams, swimming lessons, swim teams, summer camp, daycare, preschool, racquetball
- Sonic: preschool playground
- Herman Park: weekend Kiwanis train, tennis, picnicking, play equipment for all ages.
- Berkeley Park: picnicking, ballpark, play equipment.
- Princeton Park: children's playground and preschool area
- Peacock Park/Pool
- Mt. Olive Park/Pool
- Lane Tree Golf Club pool – public access and memberships
- Keepsakes Pottery: 751-7907
- Wayne Community Arts Council: Kindermusik and art classes for children
*Fun facts and activities resource for kids
*Wayne Government site for fire safety, recycling, coloring, and more:
*Free Kids Games, Coloring & Jigsaw Puzzles for Children
Welcome to theKidzpage web site for kids! Explore free printable & online kids games, activities, puzzles, clip art, coloring pages and online coloring.
A safe place for kids to explore and play hundreds of fun educational games. Get the full experience!
*Kidsgames - Play Online
Kids games and educational software that will entertain children all day long. Choose from jigsaw puzzles, mazes, racing games, spot the difference and more.
- Cliffs of the Neuse State Park: trails, picnicking, summer swimming, boating, canoeing, biking (on road only – trails not completed)
- West Water Park (Kinston): 5 pool park with trapeze, 4 story slide, 3 story slide, and snack bar.$9.00 per person all day, $6.00 for ½ day.
- Tucker Lake (Benson)
- Adventure Landing (Raleigh): kids and family games, bumper cars, putt putt
- Emerald Pointe Water Park – Greensboro
- Roller Skating : Round-a-Bout Skating Center 778-1831
- Flick and float every last Friday of the month: YMCA (movie and the pool)
- Downtown Goldsboro – Center Street Jams are family-friendly
- NC Zoo: Ashboro, NC
- Carolina Hurricanes Hockey (RBC Center – Raleigh)
- Skiing-snow: Boone and mountains of NC
- NC Tourism: Visit North Carolina
- Durham Bulls Baseball (AAA minor league):
- Carolina Mudcats Baseball (AA minor league):
- Kinston Indians Baseball (AA minor league):
Great Places To Go
- Center Street Jam
- Flying Shamrock
- Camron's Clubhouse
- Jazz on George event
- Hinnant Vineyards
- Duplin Wineries
- Beach Music Festival
- Goodnight's Comedy Club (Raleigh)
- The Paramount Theatre
- Goldsboro Country Club
- Walnut Creek Country Club
- Southern Wayne Country Club
- Lane Tree Golf Club
*Please also see our section on recreation for additional information such as hunting and fishing.