The Golden Isles REALTORS®' Strategic Plan was adopted on Friday, June 6th, 2014, by the GIAR Board of Directors during the June 2014 GIAR Board of Directors Meeting
We are a REALTOR® Association committed to professionalism, sound ethical practices, and community involvement among our members, while promoting and protecting property ownership.
Recognized for enhancing the quality of life in our community
Focus Areas/Strategic Objectives
- Community Outreach - Public Relations, Community Projects, Advocacy and Education
- Governance Administration & Finance - Structure, Operations & Administration
- Legislative Advocacy - Private Property Rights, Monitor Public Policy at National, State, and Local Levels to Protect Real Estate Industry
- Member Services - Communicate and Promote Role of Association: Protecting Property Rights and Property Ownership, Benefits, Affiliations
- Professional Development - Catalyst for enhancing growth, development and professionalism, integrity and accountability
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® strives to make a difference in our community through the contribution of time and resources of our members to non-profit, civic and community based organizations.
- Identify, promote, and coordinate impactful opportunities for members to engage in community service projects and events.
- Identify the needs of selected organizations in our community.
- Focus on providing volunteer time and money to those organizations.
- Communicate achievements (accomplishments, triumphs) to the membership and the community.
GOVERNANCE, ADMINISTRATION, & FINANCE
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® is accountable for the absolute adherence to our fiduciary duties.
- Maintain and assure fidelity to governing documents in accordance with corporate law.
- Maintain and assure responsible management of the associations assets.
- Retain knowledgeable and skilled staff to assure effective delivery of services to the members.
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS/LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® engages our members and the community through education, promotion, and protection of housing opportunities and private property rights.
- Promote the benefits of home and private property ownership opportunities.
- Educate our members on legislation and public policy that influences real estate.
- Encourage our members to participate in the political process.
- Analyze and influence proposed legislation and regulations impacting our local community and/or private property rights.
- Leverage financial and subject matter expert resources available to our community and association through GAR and NAR.
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® promotes and provides resources, programs, and services to meet the evolving needs of our members.
- Identify, promote the value, and effectively communicate the positive aspects of participation within the association.
- Deliver essential and valuable programs, resources, and services to members.
- Provide cutting edge technology and state of the art resources to serve the needs of our members.
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS®challenges members to enhance their knowledge, professionalism, and integrity, all while inspiring and nurturing future leadership.
- Identify, encourage, and mentor future leadership.
- Identify Brokers who are not actively participating and communicate the value of the association by means of personal visits by President and CEO.
- Create a Leadership Development Program.
- Provide current, diverse, and quality education opportunities.
- Champion the doctrine of the NAR Code of Ethics and the expectation of model ethical conduct.
Click here to download a PDF of the current Strategic Plan.