75 HOUR NEW YORK STATE SALESPERSON QUALIFYING COURSE
Taking the 75 hour Salesperson Qualifying Course is the first step toward obtaining a New York State Real Estate Salesperson License.
For information regarding eligibility for State Licensure – visit the New York Department of State Website.
75 Hour Salesperson Qualifying ONLINE Course
We offer the 75 Hour Salesperson Qualifying Course online through our partnership with The CE Shop and Career Webschool .
Salesperson Review Course
This course was designed to help students who have taken the Salesperson Course online and would like a classroom setting session with a live instructor to help prepare them for the final exam, state exam and overall knowledge of the subject material.
This two hour classroom course is with instructor Terrie Burke. The cost of the review session is $49 and is held from 6pm-8pm. If you are interested in a review class please email Sandy Rose or call 562-7035.
NYS Requirements for Licensing as a Real Estate Salesperson are:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen or be a legal, permanent resident
- Have no felony convictions (contact NY Department of State for clarification)
- You must successfully complete the 75 hour Salesperson Qualifying Course within 8 years of date of application
- You must successfully pass the NY Department of State Licensing Exam (register through eAccess $15)
- You must have a sponsoring New York State Broker in order to apply for a license
- Apply for a Salesperson License ($50 for two years)
Note-Applicants are responsible for determining eligibility for State Licensure – for more information visit the Department of State Website
Once you are a licensed real estate salesperson you may wish to join a Realtor® Association
For more information about Realtor® membership and an application for membership at the Elmira-Corning Assoc. of REALTORS® see Association Information/Become a Member this website.
How to become a REALTOR® and MLS member
- Your broker must be a member of the Realtor® Association
- Apply for membership at a Realtor Association (application fee ECRAR $200)
- Once you are a member of a local Realtor® Association/MLS this automatically makes you a member of the State Realtor Association and National Association of Realtors®
- Local/MLS/State/National Dues must be paid to remain a member (ECRAR yearly dues are roughly $1300 which includes: Local, MLS, State, and National dues).